The Records Bureau is currently under the command of LieutenantPaul Sullivan, who is also responsible for the department’s Special Police Officers, Crossing Guards, and Civilian Clerks. The Records Bureau supports the operational efforts of the investigative and patrol functions as well as performing a variety of other services, including but not limited to:
- Firearms Applicant Processing
- DYFS Background Inquiries
- Temporary Handicap Parking Permit Processing
- Report Maintenance, Filing, and Retieval
- Solcitor Permit Processing
- Expungement Order Processing
- Juvenile Complaint Processing
- Data Entry and Maintenance
- Compiling Monthly Statistics
- Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR)
- Case File Preparation for Prosecuters
- Providing Copies of Reports to Citizens
- Discovery Request Processing for Defense Attorneys
The Records Bureau is open to the public Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
NOTE: The State of New Jersey has established new protocols regarding fingerprinting for background and employment purposes. Individuals in need of being fingerprinted must contact MorphoTrak at www.bioapplicant.com/nj or at 877-503-5981 to schedule an appointment. For individuals who are in possession of physical fingerprint cards and are in need of manual fingerprinting, the Lacey Township Police Department may be able to accommodate the manual fingerprint process (during regular business hours) but will not be able to forward or otherwise handle the processing of the cards. In other words, in the very limited circumstance that a resident of Lacey Township requires manual fingerprinting, he or she must bring in the appropriate fingerprint cards to the police department and be prepared to leave with the completed cards.