FAQs 2015-04-21T11:39:20-04:00

How do I file a police report?

You can file a police report in one of three ways depending on the type of incident being reported. You may go to Police Headquarters, located at 808 West Lacey Road, Forked River, with all the available information; you may call Headquarters at (609) 693-6636 to report the incident and have an officer respond to your location; or in cases involving criminal mischief, stolen property, or lost property, you may file an on-line report at http://laceypd.org/police-report/ through this website.

How do I obtain a copy of a police report?

You must respond to the Police Department’s Records Bureau at Police Headquarters or write a letter requesting the report. You must be named in the report to potentially be eligible to obtain a copy. You will be charged 5 cents per page.

How do I get my fingerprints done?

The State of New Jersey has established new protocols regarding fingerprinting for background and employment purposes. Individuals in need of being fingerprinted must contact MorphoTrak at www.bioapplicant.com/nj or at 877.503.5981 to schedule an appointment. For individuals who are in possession of physical fingerprint cards and are in need of manual fingerprinting, the Lacey Township Police Department may be able to accommodate the manual fingerprint process (during regular business hours) but will not be able to forward or otherwise handle the processing of the cards. In other words, in the very limited circumstance that a resident of Lacey Township requires manual fingerprinting, he or she must bring in the appropriate fingerprint cards to the police department and be prepared to leave with the completed cards.

How do I obtain a firearms identification card or purchaser’s permit?

You will need to come to the Records Bureau at Police Headquarters to obtain application(s), and instructions. The Records Bureau is open from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of municipal holidays.

How do I obtain a temporary handicapped parking permit?

Pick up an application from the Records Bureau at Police Headquarters, have your doctor complete it and bring it back with a four dollar check, payable to the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission. The Records Bureau is open from 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday with the exception of municipal holidays.

What should I do if I see a crime in progress?

Under no circumstances should you try to apprehend the suspect or take matters into your own hands. You are to call 9-1-1 immediately and give them as much information as possible. Please give them precise incident location information and clear descriptions of suspects involved.

How do I find out if my stolen or lost property has been recovered?

Call Police Headquarters and ask for the Detective Bureau. They can check their records for you. You can also visit Police Headquarters to view recovered, lost or stolen property to see if you can identify it. We have a lot of unclaimed bicycles.