*** CLASS III SPECIAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER POSITIONS/40 HOUR WORK WEEK FOLLOWING SCHOOL CALENDAR ***
The Lacey Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Class III Special Law Enforcement Officer. Under the supervision of the Chief of Police, the individual will work as a uniformed law enforcement officer with responsibilities including, but not limited to, providing security and safety in their assigned schools in the Township of Lacey.
Successful applicants will begin employment in late August 2018 in anticipation for the 2018/2019 School Year. The starting hourly rate is $25.
In order to be eligible, the candidate must:
- Be a resident of the State of New Jersey during his or her term of appointment.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language well and intelligently and possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be of sound body and in good health, certified by a physician licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey.
- Be of good moral character and must not have been convicted of any offense involving dishonesty or which would make the applicant unfit to perform his or her duties.
- The applicant must be a retired law enforcement officer less than 65 years of age who served as a duly qualified, fully trained, full-time police officer in any municipality or county of this state, or as a member of the New Jersey State Police and was separated from the prior service in good standing within three years of appointment to this position (must have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which the officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement).
- The applicant must possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification or New Jersey State Police Academy Certification.
- Must be capable of passing firearms qualifications as mandated by the New Jersey Attorney General Guidelines.
- The applicant must possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- The applicant must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Any applicant offered a conditional offer of employment will be required to pass a psychological evaluation, a medical examination and have a doctor complete a Medical Certification Form, and a drug screening pursuant to the New Jersey Attorney General’s Law Enforcement Drug Testing Policy.
Interested applicants may pick up an application at anytime from the Lacey Township Police Department, located at 808 W. Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ, 08731. Questions in regard to this position may be directed to Lieutenant Paul Sullivan, Jr., at 609-693-6636 ext 2577.
Completed applications need to be returned to the Lacey Township Police Department, attention Lieutenant Paul Sullivan, Jr., no later than 4pm on Monday, August 6, 2018.
************** The Township of Lacey is an Equal Opportunity Employer ********************