The Lacey Township Police Department would like to remind our residents about the Lacey Lock Box Program, originally started by Erin Foreman in March 2017, as part of her Girl Scout Gold Award.
The Lacey Lock Box program is a free community program directed to those 55 years of age or older and those with potentially incapacitating medical conditions who live alone. This program is designed to assist first responders, including the Lacey Township Police Department, in reaching those in need of emergency assistance. A secure lockbox is installed on the exterior of your residence in a location known to the Lacey Township Police Department. Only the Lacey Township Police Department will have access to the lock box. The lock box is used in emergency situations where the door is locked and first responders must gain entry to the residence.
Use of the lock box can prevent costly property damage from forced entry, and reduce delays in caring for the resident. The lock box may also be used in the event of a well-being check. Residents will not have access to the lock box.
J. Lorton and Company, located at 421 South Main Street in Forked River, stepped forward when this program began and has been installing these lock boxes on a monthly basis. The best part is J. Lorton and Company has been installing these lock-boxes free of charge to the residents of Lacey Township.
Guidelines for Eligibility
- Must be 55 years of age or older, or have a medical condition that is potentially incapacitating
- Must live alone, or be alone frequently
Terms and Conditions
- Must provide one or more keys for an entry door to the house
- Must grant the Lacey Township Police Department permission to access the lock box and use the key(s) in an emergency
- Must notify the Lacey Township Police Department if you move so that we may retrieve the lock box
- Must notify the Lacey Township Police Department if the locks are changed and must provide a new key(s)
- Only the Lacey Township Police Department will have access to the lock box
- This program requires the participant to complete a liability release.
Residents who are interested in signing up for this program may go to our website at http://laceypd.org/
Once on the Laceypd.org website, click the “Special Services” box at the top of the page and then scroll down until you see the “Lacey Lock Box” link. Click the link and you will be able to read further about the program. Additionally you may print the application and when it’s complete, please drop it off at the Lacey Township Police Department, located at 808 W. Lacey Road in Forked River. If you do not have access to transportation, you may contact the Lacey Township Police Department at 609-693-6636 and request a police officer pick the application up from you at your residence. If anyone has any additional questions about this program you may contact Lieutenant Paul Sullivan, Jr., at 609-693-6636 ext. 2577.
-Chief Michael C. DiBella