September 24th, 2013 thru September 30th, 2013
- Burglary and Theft – On Tuesday, September 24, 2013, at 7:00 p.m., Officer Darrell Nick responded to Lakeside Drive North in reference to a burglary of a residence. The resident reported that between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 24, 2013, an unknown actor or actors entered the unsecured residence while no one was home and stole property that included a digital camera and a laptop computer. The value of the theft was estimated at $1,250.
- Criminal Mischief – On Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:48 p.m., a resident of Bobwhite Court in Forked River reported that on Sunday, September 22, 2013, at approximately 6:00 p.m., he was walking the rail-trail, south of Wawa on Taylor Lane, and noticed some criminal mischief. The resident reported that two posts, that prevent vehicles from crossing the bridge, were pulled from the ground and thrown into the creek. The posts could be seen in the water from the bridge but were unable to be retrieved. Damage is estimated at $100.
- Theft – On Tuesday, September 24, 2013, at 2:55 p.m., a resident of Forked River reported that he left his bicycle chained to the rope and pilings that run along the south side of the Caffrey’s Tavern parking lot some time before September 17, 2013. The bicycle’s owner stated that the bike was secured there for a few days and was noticed missing as after September 17, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. The bike is described as a 19.5″ Trek 3700 Mountain bike, acid gold in color, with a bent left handle bar (serial# SWTU096C1541D). The value is listed at $374.
- Possession and Use of CDS and Warrants (Arrest) – On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 8:17 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy responded to a Pine Street residence in Lanoka Harbor to serve a warrant and a summons on 41-year-old Lorraine Schuster after receiving lab results that tested positive for Oxycodone as a result of an incident that occurred on March 2, 2013 at a Bowsprit Point residence in Lanoka Harbor. Back on March 2, 2013, Officer Evan Androcy had responded to that residence in reference to a complaint that Lorraine Schuster was smoking a controlled dangerous substance in the residence through a pen tube. The physical evidence was turned over to Officer Androcy at the scene and any charges were pending the return of lab results. On September 25, 2013, Lorraine Schuster was served with a complaint-summons for possession of drug paraphernalia and a complaint-warrant for possession of a controlled dangerous substance. Judge Damian Murray set bail at $10,000 on the complaint-warrant. Lorraine Schuster was transported to police headquarters and was fingerprinted and photographed. She was unable to post bail and was transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility. Lorraine Schuster was also found to have an outstanding $750 warrant out of Lacey Township Court for driving while intoxicated and a $500 Brick Township Warrant for careless driving. Lorraine Schuster was also issued a summons for driving while suspended. The total bail for all outstanding warrants was $11,250.
- Theft from a Residence (Arrest) – On Wednesday, September 25, 2013, detectives arrested 22-year-old Michael Corliss, Jr. of Constitution Drive in Forked River for a theft from a residence initially reported on Monday, September 9, 2013. A resident of Constitution Drive reported several items missing from his home, one being an antique coin set valued at $4,000. The investigation led to the arrest of a Michael Corliss, Jr., age 22, who allegedly stole the coins while residing with the victim and later sold them. Corliss was charged by detectives with theft and released on his own recognizance pending a court appearance.
- Burglary and Theft – On Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 11:39 a.m., Officer Peter Donahue and Officer Daniel Ricciardella responded to a Chestnut Drive, Lanoka Harbor, residence in reference to a burglary and theft. The resident stated that sometime during the overnight hours some person(s) stole a tree stand and hunting blind from a motor home. The motor home was left unlocked and was parked in the driveway of the residence. The total value of the stolen property is $150.
- Warrant (Arrest) – On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 10:22 p.m., Officer Dimitri Tsarnas was investigating an aggravated assault when he located a warrant for 24-year-old Thomas Schramm of Central Avenue in Waretown. Thomas Schramm was arrested for the $1,184 out of Little Egg Harbor Township and was transported to Lacey Township Police Headquarters. He was unable to post bail and was lodged in the Ocean County Correctional Facility.
- Possession of Heroin with the Intent to Distribute (Arrests) – On Thursday evening, September 26, 2013, detectives from the Lacey Township Police Department witnessed a suspicious transaction in a local parking lot. The observation led to further investigation which culminated in a traffic stop being conducted on Lacey Road in Forked River. The investigation led to the seizure of 438 bags containing heroin. The driver, 18-year-old Eric Anderson of Dolphin Court in Forked River, passenger, 21-year-old Jamie O’Kane of Forked River, and passenger 30-year-old Kevin Kennedy of Waretown were arrested. Each was charged with Possession of Heroin, Intent to Distribute Heroin, and Possession of a Hypodermic Syringe. All of the subjects were lodged in the Ocean County Jail in default of $100,000 bail each. The street value of the heroin is estimated at nearly $5,000.
- Theft (Arrest) – On Thursday, September 26, 2013, at 7:57 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy responded to a report of a bicycle having been stolen from the Lacey Township High School bike rack. The bicycle’s owner reported that his Diamond Back, 18-speed, mountain bike was stolen from the bike rack in front of the main entrance of the Lacey Twp High School on Thursday, September 26, 2013. Upon leaving school at approximately 1:45 p.m., he noticed the bicycle was missing. The bicycle was valued at $330. Further investigation led to the arrest of 18-year-old Timothy Vecci of Hazelton Avenue in Lanoka Harbor. Timothy Vecci was charged with theft and released on a summons.
- Possession of CDS (Arrest) – On Thursday, September 26, 2013, at 8:53 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy and Officer Peter Donahue, were dispatched to a Clairmore Avenue residence for a report of a dispute. Two persons present reported having observed 20-year-old Alyssa Thomas of Clairmore Avenue in Lanoka Harbor using drugs via hypodermic needle while in the residence. Upon speaking with Alyssa Thomas, she was obviously impaired and at times was nodding out. An ambulance was summoned to the scene. A needle and plastic bottle cap was turned over to the officers. The Lanoka Harbor First Aid Squad responded to the scene and treated Alyssa Thomas, who then became very aggressive and belligerent. She was placed under arrest but refused to comply and needed to be restrained. She was transported to the hospital for treatment and was charged with possession of heroin, drug paraphernalia, possession of a hypodermic needle, and resisting arrest.
- Possession of CDS (Arrests) – On Friday, September 27, 2013, Officer Dimitri Tsarnas responded to the boat ramp near Riverview Road in reference to a report of a suspicious vehicle. Upon arrival he observed a black Saturn Ion, occupied by two people, parked near the woods. Upon approaching the vehicle, Officer Tsarnas detected an odor of burnt marijuana and observed smoke billowing out of the front passenger side window. The vehicle was occupied by two 17-year old juveniles from Forked River. A bowl containing marijuana, a multi-colored glass smoking device, and a silver metallic grinder were observed in plain view and were seized. Both juveniles were transported to police headquarters where they were released to their parents. Juvenile charges were prepared for possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. The vehicle operator was also charged with a motor vehicle summons for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle.
- Warrant (Arrest) – On Saturday, September 28, 2013, at 5:14 p.m., Officer Robert Flynn and Special Officer Russell Moller responded to the area of Seabright Road in Forked River for a report of a suspicious vehicle. Special Officer Russell Moller stopped the vehicle and located a $106 Beachwood Borough warrant for the passenger, 22-year-old Andrew P. Jones of Kettle Creek Road in Toms River. Andrew Jones was arrested and transported to police headquarters where he posted $106 full cash bail.
- Warrant (Arrest) – On Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 10:49 p.m., Special Officer Travis Horton conducted a vehicle registration check which indicated that the registered owner, 47-year-old Daniel Conklin of Branchport Avenue in Long Branch, had a suspended driver’s license. Special Officer Travis Horton stopped the vehicle in the parking lot of Walmart. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of Daniel Conklin for an outstanding $500 Little Egg Harbor Township warrant. Daniel Conklin was transported to Lacey Township Police Headquarters where he posted bail. Daniel Conklin was issued a summons for driving while suspended and was released.
- DWI (Arrest) – On Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 2:12 a.m., Officer Dimitri Tsarnas stopped a vehicle for failure to maintain lane. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of the driver, 42-year-old Edward Jasovsky of Brook Lane in Hamilton, NJ, for DUI. His vehicle was impounded as per John’s Law. Edward Javosky was transported to Lacey Township Police Headquaters, where he refused to provide samples of his breath. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, refusal to submit breath samples, failure to maintain lane, reckless driving, failure to exhibit registration card, and failure to wear seatbelt.
- Warrant (Arrest) – On Sunday, September 29, 2013, at 3:34 p.m., Special Officer Travis Horton stopped a suspicious male walking near the intersection of Lake Barnegat Drive North and Stony Point Drive in Forked River. Upon speaking with the subject, 32-year-old Michael A. Polley of Toler Place in Newark, NJ, it was determined that he had an outstanding $1,612 West Berlin Township warrant. He was arrested and transported to Lacey Township police headquarters. Michael A. Polley was processed and then released on his own recognizance as per the West Berlin Township Court.
- Criminal Mischief – On Sunday, September 29, 2013 at 11:30 p.m., Officer Kymberly Gudgeon responded to 403 Decker Court for a report of criminal mischief. The homeowners reported that an unknown motorist caused damage to a portable basketball hoop located on the front lawn of the residence by driving over the hoop. A neighbor observed a vehicle, possibly a Ford Ranger pickup silver or gray in color with a loud muffler, leaving the area. The area was checked with negative results. The damage is estimated to be $250.
- Shoplifting – On Monday, September 30, 2013 at 2:37 p.m., Officer Peter Donahue and Officer Daniel Ricciardella responded to the Walmart store in reference to a shoplifter that had been stopped by a loss prevention officer. 20-year-old Victoria Mackie of Waretown was reported to have attempted to leave the store without paying for three shirts. She was arrested and transported to police headquarters. She was processed and released on a summons pending a court date.