June 11th thru June 18th, 2013
- Child Pornography – On Monday, June 17, 2013, Detective Robert Surtees assisted investigators of the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office with the execution of a search warrant at a Lakewood Avenue residence in Lanoka Harbor. An arrest was made at the scene of 33-year-old Chad Zehner for child pornography related crimes. Chad Zehner was processed at Lacey Township Police Headquarters and transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of $35,000 bail.
- Trespassing Damage – On Monday, June 17, 2013, at 12:14 a.m.,Officers Charles May and Robert Flynn responded to Clayton Gravel, 2215 Lacey Road in Forked River, due to a report of a pickup truck trespassing on the property. The officers located and stopped the pickup as it was attempting to flee the property. The driver, 41-year-old Colin Apanel of Toms River, was issued a township ordinance violation for operating a vehicle on private property. A passenger inside the pickup, 24-year-old Troy Apanel of Beachwood, also received a township ordinance violation for being on the private property as well as a summons for breaking Clayton Gravel’s padlock. Another passenger in the pickup, 20-year-old Marissa Brooks of Beachwood, was issued a township ordinance violation for being on the private property.
- Recovered Handgun – On Sunday, June 16, 2013, at 4:00 a.m., the Lacey Township Police Department was notified by the Houston Police Department in Texas that they recovered a 357 Magnum handgun which was reported stolen in 1969 from Lacey Township. The gun was reportedly recovered at the scene of a dispute between two individuals in Houston.
- DUI Arrest – On Sunday, June 16, 2013, at 2:55 a.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas conducted a motor vehicle stop on Lacey Road near Trenton Avenue, Forked River upon a vehicle that was speeding and failing to maintain its lane of travel. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of the driver, 22-year-old Kaitlyn Ferdon of Manahawkin, for DUI. She also received summonses for Reckless Driving, Speeding, and Failure to Maintain Lane. Kaitlyn Ferdon was processed and later released. The vehicle she was operating was impounded pursuant to John’s Law.
- Theft from Residence – On Saturday, June 15, 2013, at 11:39 p.m., Officer Darrell Nick responded to a residence located on the 300 block of Sinclair Avenue, Lanoka Harbor. The homeowner reported that sometime between 4:00 p.m. on June 6, 2013 and 12:00 p.m. on June 15, 2013, an unknown person or persons stole jewelry from within a bedroom inside the residence. There were no signs of a forced entry into the home. The total value of the stolen jewelry is estimated at $7,500.
- Assault – On Saturday, June 15, 2013, at 10:40 p.m., officers responded to the Captain’s Inn outside bar with a report of an assault. A 47-year-old female resident of Bayville reported that an unknown, white male with a goatee struck her three times in the face before leaving the area in a red pickup truck. The matter is under investigation.
- Drug Possession – Heroin (Arrest) – On Saturday, June 15, 2013, at 4:45 p.m., officers responded to Hebrew Park located in Lanoka Harbor to investigate a report that a male in the park may require medical attention. The officers encountered 20-year-old Joseph Ferenc of Forked River. It was determined he was not in need of medical attention. Further investigation led to Joseph Ferenc being arrested and charged with Possession of Heroin and Possession of Hypodermic needles. After being processed, Joseph Ferenc was transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of $1,500 bail.
- Criminal Mischief to Vehicle – On Friday, June 14, 2013, at 4:13 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy responded to the parking lot of the Lacey Mall where he met with a resident of Manchester Township. While inside a store shopping for approximately 30 minutes, unknown actor(s) put two large scratches in different sections of the victim’s vehicle. The estimated damage to the vehicle’s finish is $500.
- Warrant Arrest – On Friday, June 14, 2013, at 5:52 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas arrested 29-year-old Candice Gianettino of Forked River on an outstanding Lacey Township warrant in the amount of $300. Candice Gianettino was released after posting the $300 bail at police headquarters.
- Criminal Mischief to Vehicle – On Friday, June 14, 2013, at 3:09 p.m., Officer Jeffrey Slota met with a residence of the 300 block of Alpine Street in Forked River. The resident reported that during the overnight hours of Thursday, June 13, 2013, into the morning hours of Friday, June 14, 2013, her vehicle was “keyed” while parked within the residence’s driveway. Several fresh scratches were visible on the vehicle’s paint. The estimated damage to the vehicle’s finish is $500.
- Warrant Arrest – On Friday, June 14, 2013, at 3:06 p.m., Officer Darrell Nick arrested 33-year-old Vincent Civile of Bayville on an outstanding Toms River warrant in the amount of $350. Officer Darrell Nick learned of the active warrant while investigating a motor vehicle accident involving Vincent Civile as a driver. Vincent Civile was arrested and transported to police headquarters where he was released after posting the $350 bail.
- Burglary and Theft (Car) – On Thursday, June 13, 2013, at 4:00 p.m., a Forked River resident reported his cell phone as being stolen. The victim indicated he left his vehicle unlocked while parked at the Main Street Laundromat in Forked River. Upon reentering his vehicle, the victim discovered that his Apple I-Phone (valued at $599) was stolen.
- Warrant Arrest – On Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at 11:19 p.m., Officer Noah Schaffer arrested 34-year-old Jessica Ussery of Lanoka Harbor on an outstanding Stafford Township warrant in the amount of $478. The arrest occurred during a motor vehicle stop for a traffic violation during which Jessica Ussery was a passenger. Jessica Ussery was released from police headquarters after satisfying the warrant.
- Warrant Arrest – On Wednesday, June 12, 2013, at 10:57 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas arrested 24-year-old Candice Fassett of Toms River on an outstanding Manchester Township warrant in the amount of $400. Officer Dimitrios transferred Candice Fassett to the custody of the Manchester Police Department.
- Drug Paraphernalia (Arrest) – On Tuesday, June 11, 2013, at 8:43 p.m., Officer John McKee responded to a residence located on the 400 block of Beach Boulevard in Forked River. A member of the household reported finding drug paraphernalia and hypodermic syringes inside the residence. Investigation led to the arrest of 32-yer-old Michael Riley who resides at the same residence. He was charged with possessing two hypodermic syringes and drug paraphernalia. The charges were placed on a $2,500 warrant. An additional outstanding arrest warrant issued by Point Pleasant in the amount of $250 was also served upon him. Michael Riley was taken to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of the bail.