May 7, 2013 thru May 13, 2013
- Burglary of a Business – On Monday, May 13, 2013, at 6:55 a.m., officers responded to the Forked River Pharmacy, 605 Route 9 S, Forked River, for a report of criminal mischief and an attempted burglary of the pharmacy. The incident occurred between the time the pharmacy closed on Sunday, May 12, 2013 and the early morning hours of Monday May 13, 2013. Unknown suspect(s) pried open a rear door at the Forked River Pharmacy but did not gain entry to the main part of the store. Damage is estimated at $500. Nothing appeared to be stolen at the time of the report and Detective Robert Surtees is continuing the investigation.
- Criminal Mischief – On Monday May 13, 2013, a resident of the 300 Block of Devon Street reported criminal mischief to two separate vehicles while the vehicles were parked at the victim’s residence. The victim stated that the two vehicles had been scratched with a key (or similar object) between May 5, 2013 and May 11, 2013. The total damage is estimated to be in excess of $300.
- DUI – On Sunday, May 12, 2013, at approximately 11:30 p.m., Officer Andrew Slota observed a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot of the Walmart store. Investigation at the scene led to 25-year-old Jeffrey L. Moissinac of Lanoka Harbor being arrested for DUI. He was charged with DUI, DUI Breath Test Refusal, Reckless Driving, and Littering. The vehicle Jeffrey L. Moissinac was operating was impounded pursuant to John’s Law.
- Warrant Arrest – On Sunday, May 12, 2013, at approximately 11:00 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas stopped a vehicle being operated by 33-year-old Kenneth M. Elder, Jr. of Bayville for having an active warrant from Pemberton Borough in the amount of $150.00. K. Elder, Jr. was arrested on the warrant and transported to police headquarters. He posted bail and was released without incident.
- Drug Arrest – On Saturday, May 11, 2013, Officers John McKee and Kym Gudgeon, responded to Route 9 N and Warren Avenue, Lanoka Harbor, to assist the Berkeley Township Police Department who was out with two suspicious male subjects. Investigation at the scene led to 19-year-old Kyle Alvarez of Barnegat being arrested and charged with Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Marijuana with Intent to Distribute. He was later released on a complaint summons. A 15-year-old juvenile male from Brick was also charged with Possession of Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and later released.
- Criminal Mischief – On Saturday, May 11, 2013, a resident of the 100 block of Clairmore Avenue in Lanoka Harbor reported criminal mischief to her vehicle and home. The victim reported both front tires had been slashed on her vehicle. The incident occurred between 9 p.m. on May 9, 2013, and 6 a.m. on May 10, 2013. The victim also reported that eggs were thrown at her home as well. There was no permanent damage to the residence. The total damage was $325.
- Car Burglary and Theft – On Friday, May 10, 2013, at 8:11 a.m., Officer Keith Pearce responded to the 1700 block of Lakeside Dr S, Forked River for a report of a car burglary. The complainant stated that sometime between the hours of 12:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on May 8, 2013, someone entered their unlocked vehicle that was parked at the residence and stole a cell phone valued at $300.00.
- Suspicious Incident – On Friday, May 10, 2013, at 4 p.m., Officer John Simonson responded to a Llewellyn Parkway address for a suspicious incident. The complainant stated that she received a phone call from a male subject calling from a “private” number on the caller ID. The male subject was calling her “Grandma” and stating that he was her grandson. The male caller told her that he was arrested for drugs. The complainant realized it was not her grandson and believed it might have been a scam.
- Drug Distribution Arrests – On the morning of Friday, May 10, 2013, Lacey Detectives executed two search warrants at 1814 Hawser Drive, Forked River, NJ. The warrants were obtained during an investigation involving the possession and distribution of Oxycodone; a Schedule II, narcotic. During the search of the residence and a vehicle on the property, detectives recovered over 1,300 Oxycodone pills. Additionally, cocaine, marijuana, and $8,000 cash was seized. The street value of the Oxycodone is estimated at $40,000. The target of the investigation, Christopher Franzone, 48, of 1814 Hawser Drive in Forked River, was charged with Possession of Oxycodone and Intent to Distribute more than an Ounce of Oxycodone. Christopher Franzone was also charged with Possession of Stolen Prescription Blanks. Christopher Franzone was charged with failing to notify law enforcement of an address change which is an obligation under the New Jersey Megan’s law requirements. Christopher Franzone was lodged in the Ocean County Jail in default of $150,000 bail. In addition to the charges by Lacey Township detectives, the New Jersey Parole Board was notified and an additional no-bail warrant was issued for offenses that violated Christopher Franzone’s parole conditions. K-9 teams from the Ocean County Sheriff’s Department assisted with the search. The wife of Christopher Franzone, Marie Franzone, 41, was also arrested and charged with Possession of Oxycodone and Possession of Marijuana during the search. She was released on her own recognizance. Jessica Calpin, 18, who is the daughter of Marie Franzone, was also arrested and charged with Possession of Oxycodone and released pending a court appearance. A vehicle, normally operated by Christopher Franzone, was seized as being used to further a criminal offense; specifically the transportation of a controlled substance.
- Burglary of a Vehicle – On May 9, 2013, at 8:40 a.m., a business owner at Route 9 and Second Street in Forked River reported that between the morning hours of 1:50 a.m. and 3:20 a.m. on Thursday, May 9, 2013, unknown actor(s) smashed the window of a vehicle thereby gaining access to the contents within the vehicle. Over $300 in damage was done to the vehicle and an unknown value of items possibly stolen from the vehicle.
- Theft & Obstructing – On May 8, 2013, at approximately 9:11 a.m., the Lacey Township Police Department received a call from an alert resident who observed two subjects in a silver/grey pickup truck cutting an air conditioning unit from a home on Tiller Drive in Sunrise Beach. The suspects cut the lines of the air conditioning unit from the home and loaded it into the bed of the pickup truck. When the homeowner opened his garage door to check on the suspicious activity, the suspects sped away from the scene. Officer Louis Brignola located the vehicle near the 7-11 on Rt. 9 in Lanoka Harbor. Upon seeing the officers, the two males fled on foot. Sgt. James Tranz pursued 20-year-old John Clifton on foot and apprehended him in the wooded area behind the 7-11 store. The other subject, identified as 18-year-old Casey Sinopoli of Lanoka Harbor, fled through the woods. John Clifton was arrested and transported to police headquarters. The stolen air conditioning unit was found in the bed of the truck. At approximately 11 a.m., Wednesday, May 8, 2013, two hours after fleeing on foot, Casey Sinopoli of Lanoka Harbor contacted the Lacey Township Police Department and turned himself in. He was subsequently arrested and transported to police headquarters. Casey Sinopoli was charged with the 3rd Degree Crime of Theft, 4th Degree Crime of Criminal Mischief, and the 4th Degree Crime of Obstructing. Further investigation at police headquarters led to an additional theft charge for an unrelated theft incident that occurred on April 26, 2013 on Sinclair Avenue in Lanoka Harbor. Casey Sinopoli was released from police custody after being processed. John Clifton, 20, was charged with the 3rd Degree Crime of Theft, 4th Degree Crime of Criminal Mischief, and the 4th Degree Crime of Obstructing. John Clifton was transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of $10,000 bail on the criminal charges. John Clifton also had four additional active warrants for his arrest as follows: (1) Lacey Township, $750; (2) Beachwood, $500; (3) Beachwood, $250; and Ocean Township (Waretown), $250; totaling $1,750.
- Theft of Cash & Medications – On Tuesday May 7, 2013, a resident of Parkside Drive in Forked River reported the theft of $160.00 in cash from her home as well as two bottles of medication consisting of Morphine and Methadone valued at $50.00 each. There was no forced entry to the residence and the possibility exists that one of the varied guests at the residence may have stolen the items.