April 2nd – 8th, 2013
- Credit Card Fraud – On Monday, April 8, 2013, a resident of Bayville reported credit card fraud that was facilitated in Lacey Township. The report involved the apparent use of personal identifiers to access the victim’s store credit card account to purchase thousands of dollars in gift cards from that same store over the course of a month. The victim had a store credit account that was not commonly used by the victim. The person perpetrating the frauds was able to make multiple purchases of gift cards at the store over the course of a month.
- Eluding/Endangering the Welfare of a Child – On April 6, 2013 at 10:30 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas observed a vehicle with fictitious registration plates. Officer Tsarnas conducted a motor vehicle stop in the area of Route 9 and the Oyster Creek Nuclear Generating Station at which time the vehicle fled from the scene. Officer Tsarnas pursued the vehicle to the parking lot of Longshots Bar, Rt. 9 Waretown, where the driver, David Donnamaria, age 45, of Waretown, NJ. was taken into custody. David Donnamaria’s wife and their four year old child were also in the vehicle. David Donnamaria was charged with Eluding, Endangering the Welfare of a Child, and several motor vehicle charges, then lodged in the Ocean County Jail in default of $25,000.00 bail.
- Warrant Arrest – On Saturday, April 6, 2013, Officer Peter Donahue arrested Nancy Boutilette, age 42, of Lanoka Harbor, NJ, for a warrant issued by the Princeton Township Municipal Court. N. Boutilette was released on her own recognizance.
- DUI – At approximately 1:56 a.m., on Friday, April 5, 2013, Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas arrested Marivil Moreno, age 27, of Toms River, NJ, for DUI on Haines Street near the intersection of Maxim Drive. M. Moreno received summonses for DUI, DUI within 1000 feet of a school zone, Reckless Driving, Failure to Maintain Lane. Schuster’s vehicle was impounded and she was processed and released.
- Traffic Accident/DUI – At approximately 3:16 a.m. on Friday, April 5, 2013, officers responded to a motor vehicle accident in the area of Lakeside Drive South and Clair Road. The vehicle, which was in a wooded area, was engulfed in flames. The driver, Tara B. Smith, age 23, of Bayville, NJ was flown to Jersey Shore Hospital for treatment. Due to initial statements made by T. Smith, the area, including Lake Barnegat, was searched for additional victims. It was later learned that T. Smith was alone. T. Smith is charged with DUI, Reckless Driving, and Failure to Maintain Lane. The Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office and the Ocean County Sheriff’s Department, CIU assisted with the investigation.
- Illegal Dumping – On Thursday, April 4, 2013, the police department was advised of illegal dumping of debris along the undeveloped portion of the rail trail that runs parallel to Taylor Lane in Forked River. Residents are encouraged to report any vehicles they observe entering dirt roads and wooded areas with visible debris/garbage showing.
- Prescription Drug Arrest – On Wednesday, April 3, 2013, Officer Darrell Nick arrested Zinovy Rapoport, age 38, of Toms River, NJ for fraudulently attempting to obtain prescription drugs from the Shop-Rite Pharmacy. Z. Rapoport was charged with Criminal Attempt to Obtain CDS by Fraud, and Attempt to obtain a Prescription Legend Drug. Z. Rapoport was lodged in the Ocean County Jail in default of $25,000.00 bail.
- Warrant Arrest – On Wednesday, April 3, 2013, Officer Evan Androcy arrested Steven Henchy, age 40, of Forked River, NJ for a warrant issued by the Wall Township Municipal Court. S. Henchy was released after posting $325.00 bail.
- Drug Paraphernalia – At 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3, 2013, a resident contacted the police department after finding three syringes in Huffy Wallis Park. The syringes were confiscated by the police department.
- Warrant Arrest – On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Officer Evan Androcy conducted a motor vehicle stop in the area of Route 9 and Liberty Way. The driver of the vehicle, Jaime Heffernan, age 31, of Forked River, NJ was found to have a suspended driver’s license and an outstanding warrant issued by the Bass River Municipal Court. J. Heffernan’s vehicle was impounded, and she was released after posting $265.00 in bail.
- Burglary of a Vacant Residence – On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, an owner of a residence on the 700 block of Nautilus Blvd., Forked River, reported finding that the vacant residence had been entered during the prior weeks. The homeowner reported that unknown subject(s) removed several appliances — including the washer, dryer, and stove with a total value of $1000. The residence also had damage to the sheetrock and copper piping was removed from walls totaling approximately $500. This incident occurred while the house sat vacant following Superstorm Sandy.
- Criminal Mischief – On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Officer Andrew Slota located damage to the ladies’ bathroom in Gille Park. It appears that during the daytime hours on April 2, 2013, unknown person(s) used red spray paint on the wall inside the bathroom. The damage was estimated at approximately $50.00.
- Shoplifting – On Tuesday, April 2, 2013, Officer Andrew Slota responded to Walmart for a report of a shoplifting. It was reported that at approximately 3:35 a.m. a white male entered the store and removed a 39” Vizio LED television, valued at $368.00 then exited through an emergency exit door.