Weekly Police Blotter – Press Release
May 14, 2013 thru May 20, 2013
- Drug Arrest and Warrants (Arrest) – On Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at approximately 2:22 p.m., Officer Joseph Soto conducted a traffic stop in the parking lot of a Lacey Road business. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of a passenger, identified as 33-year-old Rebecca Scott of Whiting, NJ, on three outstanding warrants. The warrants included: (1) Hackensack, NJ, in the amount of $2500; (2) an additional warrant from Hackensack in the amount of $1000; and (3) a warrant out of Robbinsville, NJ, in the amount of $500. During her arrest, she was found to be in possession of drug paraphernalia. Rebecca Scott was charged with the Possession of Drug Paraphernalia on a criminal summons and released after posting bail.
- Criminal Mischief – On Tuesday, May 14, 2013, at 5:35 p.m., Officer Alan Abrecht responded to the 1200 block of Olds Street for criminal mischief to two separate vehicles. The victim stated that between the evening hours of May 13, 2013, and the early afternoon of May 14, 2013, someone threw eggs at a vehicle parked at his residence. A second vehicle at the residence was keyed. Total damage is estimated at $100.
- Drug Incident (Arrest) – On Wednesday, May 15, 2013, Lacey Township Police Department Detectives witnessed a suspicious incident consistent with drug activity. As they approached the suspect, he immediately fled on foot from a Route 9 commercial parking lot. During the foot chase, the suspect dropped several items consistent with heroin packaging. Detective Brian Flynn continued to chase the fleeing suspect on foot. The suspect, Pedro Marcano, Forked River, was caught by Detective Flynn and taken into custody near the Home Depot. During his arrest, 22-year-old P. Marcano was found in possession of additional bags of heroin as well as cocaine in his possession. P. Marcano provided the investigating detectives with a false name and address at the time of his arrest. P. Marcano was charged with Possession of CDS, Obstructing Justice, Resisting Arrest, and Hindering His Own Apprehension. P. Marcano was lodged in the Ocean County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail. Shortly after being released from the Ocean County Jail, P. Marcano was arrested for a no-bail warrant for a violation of parole regulations.
- Shoplifter (Arrest) – On Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at 4:36 p.m., Officers Charles May and Peter Donahue responded to the Lacey Walmart for a shoplifter. Upon their arrival, 24-year-old Matthew Krauss of Forked River was arrested for shoplifting merchandise valued at $67.85. Matthew Krauss was later processed and released after receiving a criminal summons.
- Criminal Mischief to a Residence – On Wednesday, May 15, 2013, at 11:07 p.m., Officer Adam Ewart responded to the 300 block of Yorktown Drive in Forked River for malicious damage to the residence by unknown person(s). The resident reported that just prior to contacting the Lacey Police; items consisting of glass bottles and a glass decoration were thrown at his house shattering a front window. The damage is estimated at $500.
- Burglary of a Residence (Handgun Stolen) – On Thursday, May 16, 2013, at 11:48 p.m., Officer Julie Barcalow responded to the 900 block of Clifton Street in Forked River for a residential burglary. The victims reported that unknown person(s) entered their residence when they were not home and stole various items. One of the items stolen was a black, Ruger, 357 revolver (handgun) with brown grips. The investigation is being conducted by Detective Brian Flynn.
- Auto Burglary and Theft (Arrest) – On Friday, May 17, 2013, at approximately 3:29 a.m., Officers Julie Barcalow, John McKee, and Charles May responded to the 500 block of Alpine St for a car burglary. The caller reported that he observed two females burglarizing his vehicle and when he approached them, they fled on foot. A small amount of property was stolen from the vehicle. A description of the suspects was provided and officers began checking the area. A short time later, the investigation led to the arrest of 19-year-old Alyssa Hunter of Forked River and 18-year-old Victoria Maulbeck of Forked River. They were both charged with Burglary and Theft and released after processing.
- Auto Burglary and Theft – On Friday, May 17, 2013, at 11:57 a.m., Officer Keith Pearce responded to the 600 block of Taylor Ave, Forked River, for a burglary to a motor vehicle. The victim stated that between the hours of 3:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on May 17, 2013, someone entered his unlocked vehicle that was parked at the residence and stole a Serious Satellite Radio valued at $70.00.
- Shoplifter (Arrest) – On Friday, May 17, 2013, at 5:51 p.m., Officer Charles May responded to the Lacey Walmart for a shoplifter. Upon arrival, 26-year-old Richard Payton of Manahawkin, NJ, was arrested for shoplifting merchandise valued at $288.80. Richard Payton was later processed and released after receiving a criminal summons.
- Auto Burglary and Theft (Arrest Warrant Issued) – On Saturday, May 18, 2013, Patrol Officer Peter Donahue concluded an investigation regarding a car burglary report he initially received on Friday, May 10, 2013. More specifically, the initial report involved not only items stolen from a vehicle on the 700 block of Oxford Road in Lanoka Harbor, but also the theft of copper from the exterior of the home totaling $975. Officer Donahue charged 22-year-old Dominick J. DeGasperi of Waretown, NJ, with Burglary and Theft on a criminal warrant. The warrant was issued for his arrest with bail set at $25,000. At the time of this release, 22-year-old Dominick J. DeGasperi of Waretown, NJ, is wanted on the outstanding warrant.
- Theft from Residence – On Sunday, May 19, 2013, at 2:25 p.m., Officer Jeff Slota took a report of theft from a victim who was a past Lacey Township resident who previously resided on Frog Hollow Road in Forked River. The victim reported that approximately $22,000.00 in jewelry was taken from the residence sometime between June and November 2012. The investigation is continuing.
- Drug Incident (Arrest) – On Sunday, May 19, 2013, at 11:14 p.m., Patrol Officers Evan Androcy and Robert Duffy responded to the Meadowlark Beach in Lanoka Harbor for a report of a suspicious vehicle. Upon arrival, the officers located a parked vehicle which contained two occupants. Investigation at the scene led to the arrest of 18-year-old Christopher Dishon of Forked River for Possession of Marijuana – 50 grams or less and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. He was released after receiving a criminal summons.
NOTE: The remaining unsolved car burglaries are under investigation to determine if the various individuals arrested for similar offenses are responsible for the remainder of the yet unsolved incidents.
As evidenced by the incidents documented above and others that cannot be released at this time, the uniformed patrol officers did an exceptional job in conducting follow-up investigations.