Weekly Police Blotter – Press Release
June 25th thru July 1st, 2013
- Burglary in Progress (Arrests) – On Monday, July 1, 2013, at 8:12 p.m., Officers Robert Duffy and George Resetar responded to a residence located on the 1200 block of Olds Street in Forked River concerning the home being burglarized. The resident returned home and witnessed two males exiting the residence. The homeowner was able to supply a description of the suspects who were quickly located in the area by the responding officers. It was discovered that a wallet containing personal identification and a debit card were stolen from a bedroom in the residence. Several additional items had been strewn about the same bedroom.The two suspects were identified as 20-year-old Joseph Ferenc of Forked River and 21-year-old Shawn C. Kaliske of Forked River. Both were arrested and charged with Burglary and Theft and transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of their bail which was set at $10,000 each.
- Burglary (Arrest) – On Monday, July 1, 2013, Detective Robert Surtees concluded a burglary investigation from January 18, 2013, with the formal charging of 22-year-old Trevor May of Forked River. The commercial burglary occurred on Warren Avenue in Lanoka Harbor and involved the theft of over $1,300 worth of tools. Trevor May is currently incarcerated on unrelated charges.
- Shoplifting (Arrest) – On Monday, July 1, 2013, at 4:26 p.m., Officer Noah Schaffer responded to Walmart due to a female customer being detained on suspicion of shoplifting. Upon further investigation, 45-year-old Valerie Coehlo of Bayville was arrested for shoplifting $124.62 in merchandise. She was transported to police headquarters where she was processed and released.
- Theft – On Monday, July 1, 2013, at 10:42 a.m., a homeowner from the 1500 block of Beach Boulevard in Forked River reported that an unknown person or persons stole his central air conditioning condenser unit from outside his home sometime between Friday, June 28, 2013 and Monday, July 1, 2013. The repair and replacement cost is estimated at $1,500.
- DUI Arrest (Motor Vehicle Accident) – On Sunday, June 30, 2013, at 11:03 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas responded to the intersection of Middle Branch Road and Seabright Road in Forked River for a vehicle that struck a street sign. After the collision, the involved driver fled the accident scene on foot. Officer Tsarnas located and arrested the driver, 41-year-old Lamar Porras of Forked River. He received the following summonses: DUI, Reckless Driving, Failure to Maintain Lane, Suspended Driver, Leaving the scene of an accident, Failure to report an accident, and Open container in a motor vehicle. The vehicle in which Lamar Porras was operating was impounded in accordance with John’s Law.
- Shoplifting (Arrest) – On Sunday, June 30, 2013, at 3:49 p.m., Officer Evan Androcy responded to Walmart for an adult female shoplifter. Upon arrival and further investigation, 29-year-old Jessica Urteaga of Waretown was arrested for shoplifting $198.50 worth of merchandise. Jessica Urteaga was transported to police headquarters where she was processed and released on a criminal summons.
- Noise Disturbance (Summons Issued) – On Sunday morning at 1:15 a.m., on June 30, 2013, officers responded to an Olds Street residence in Forked River with a repeat noise complaint for a loud party. After verbal warnings failed to decrease the noise, a summons for the Township Ordinance prohibiting unreasonable noise was issued to the resident, Bryan Shaw of Forked River.
- DUI Arrest – On Saturday, June 29, 2013, at 11:16 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas responded to East Lacey Road due to a report of an erratic driver. A concerned citizen contacted police and supplied the vehicle’s description and partial license plate. The described vehicle was located turning off of Lacey Road onto Rt. 9. Investigation led to the arrest of a 54-year-old Steven Barcy of Beachwood for DUI. He also received summonses for Reckless Driving and Failure to maintain lane. The vehicle Steven Barcy was operating was impounded in accordance with John’s Law.
The Lacey Township Police Department received two formal complaints from residents regarding the illegal use of fireworks over the weekend. In both instances, officers responded, investigated, and issued summonses to the responsible persons.
- Fireworks (Summons Issued) – On Saturday, June 29, 2013, at 9:27 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas responded to a report of fireworks in the vicinity Skiffway Drive, Forked River. Upon the officer’s arrival fireworks were actively being ignited and 39-year-old Martin Czerepusko of Waretown was issued a Special Form of Complaint and Summons charging him with N.J.S.A. 21:3-2 (Use of Fireworks).
- Fireworks (Summons Issued) – On Saturday, June 29, 2013, at 9:26 p.m., Special Officer Travis Horton and Officer Paul Sullivan responded to a report of fireworks in the vicinity of the 2200 block of Brookdale Park Drive, Forked River. When the officers arrived, they observed fireworks in the area of Brookdale Park Drive and Parkside Drive. The officers located 51-year-old Robert Keene, Jr. with a tube used for setting off fireworks. He was issued a Special Form of Complaint and Summons charging Robert Keene, Jr. with N.J.S.A. 21:3-2 (Use of Fireworks).
- Theft from Residence – On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. a resident of the 400 block of Hickory Lane, Forked River reported that an unknown actor or actors stole $240 from the residence. There were no signs of a forced entry into the residence.
- DUI Arrest – On Friday, June 28, 2013, at 11:09 p.m., Officer Dimitrios Tsarnas stopped a vehicle on Bay Avenue in Forked River for speeding and erratic driving. Investigation led to 23-year-old David Matthews of Forked River being arrested for DUI. He also received the summonses for Reckless Driving, Speeding, and Failure to maintain lane. The vehicle David Matthews was operating at the time of her arrest was impounded in accordance with John’s Law.
- DUI Arrest – On Friday, June 28, 2013, at 7:13 p.m., Officer Robert Duffy responded to the Lanoka Harbor Wawa to investigative a report of a possible intoxicated driver. Upon investigation, 49-year-old Linda Inglis of Lanoka Harbor was observed driving and was arrested for DUI. She also received the following summonses: DUI, Careless Driving, No Seatbelt, Reckless Driving, and Possession of an Open Container. The vehicle she was operating at the time of her arrest was impounded in accordance with John’s Law.
- Shoplifting & Warrants (Arrest) – On Friday, June 28, 2013, at 5:00 p.m., Special Officer Russell Moller and Officer Darrell Nick responded to the Lacey Walmart where they arrested 34-year-old Heather O’Neill-Deller of Barnegat for Shoplifting and two outstanding Ocean County Sheriff’s Department warrants. An additional warrant was issued for the Shoplifting charge in the amount of $500 with no ten percent option. The alleged theft involved merchandise in the amount of $127.85. The outstanding warrants totaled $10,000. Heather O’Neill-Deller was transported to the Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of the bail.
- Shoplifter (Arrest) – On Friday, June 28, 2013, at 3:27 p.m., Special Officer Travis Horton responded to the Lacey Township Home Depot for a male customer being detained for shoplifting. Upon further investigation, 50-year-old Robert Delicio of Forked River was arrested for shoplifting. He allegedly attempted to steal two Rigid 3-1/2″ multi-tool blades, value totaling $39.94, by taking them out of their packaging and placing them in his pocket. Robert Delicio was transported to police headquarters where he was processed and later released on a criminal summons.
- Drug-related Arrest – On Thursday, June 27, 2013, Detective Robert Surtees arrested and charged 22-year-old Alex Edgeworth of Lanoka Harbor with Loitering to Obtain CDS for his actions on June 23, 2013, related to an incident in which he reported being the victim of a robbery on Lake Barnegat Drive North near Ernest Drive in Lanoka Harbor. The robbery which he reported on June 23, 2013 remains under active investigation.
- DUI Arrest – On Thursday, June 27, 2013, at 12:05 a.m., Officer Julie Barcalow responded to Elwood Street in Forked River concerning a report of a possibly intoxicated driver. The described vehicle stooped at a residence on Elwood Street. Investigation of the identified vehicle’s driver led to the arrest of 35-year-old Sean Cassidy of Forked River for DUI. He additionally received a summons for Reckless Driving. The vehicle Sean Cassidy was operating at the time of his arrest was impounded in accordance with John’s Law.
- Underage Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages (Juvenile Complaints) – On Wednesday, June 26, 2013, at 1:26 a.m., Officer Charles May responded to the area of Route 9 and Clearwater Drive in Forked River for a report of an intoxicated male walking south on the east side of Route 9. The described male was located in the parking lot of the Forked River Pharmacy. The male was identified as a 17-year-old from Forked River. The male was transported home and released to the care of a parent. The male was formally charged with consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons under legal age.
- Criminal Mischief (Vehicle) – On Tuesday, June 25, 2013, at 1:26 p.m., Officer Peter Donahue took a report at a residence located on the 300 block of Independence Drive. It was reported that a vehicle parked in the residence’s driveway was spray painted during the overnight hours. The estimated repair cost to the vehicle is $350.