MVA- On Thursday, July 9, 2020, at 4:08 p.m., officers were dispatched to Route 9 near the Ocean Township border. Officers discovered that a vehicle had left the travel portion of the roadway and struck a utility pole. The driver, a 34 year-old Barnegat man, suffered minor injuries. The utility pole was replaced by JCP&L.
Fraud- On Thursday, July 9, 2020, at 9:22 p.m., Officer Randolph Plis met with a Lanoka Harbor resident in reference to a fraudulent purchase. The victim reported that an unknown suspect used his personal information, including social security number, to open an AT&T account. After opening the account, a cell phone valued at $1,500 was purchased.
Fire- On Friday, July 10, 2020, at 12:09 p.m., Officer Michael Baldasari was dispatched to a utility pole fire on Circle Drive. It appeared that a broken branch landed on the wires causing the disruption. The Forked River Fire Department and JCP&L also responded.
Arrest- On Friday, July 10, 2020, at 7:13 p.m., Officers Anthony Ravallo and Brian Holt responded to the area of Clearwater Drive for a suspicious male. Officer Ravallo observed a subject matching the description near the Forked River Pharmacy who immediately fled on foot while discarding a sweatshirt and other items. A search of the area yielded controlled dangerous substance and drug paraphernalia. The suspect, Jeffrey Terhune, was located on Hollywood Boulevard and placed under arrest. Terhune was charged with both offenses and lodged in the Ocean County Correctional Facility in accordance with bail reform.
Suspicious Incident- On Friday, July 15, 2020, at 4:13 p.m., Officer Michael Hein met with a caller in the parking lot of CVS. The caller reported that when he exited the store he realized that the rear window of his vehicle was shattered. The window was valued at $250.
Fire- On Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at 11:23 p.m., Officer Elton Copes was dispatched to Wendy’s for a reported kitchen fire. Upon arrival, it appeared that the small fire was caused by grease and the restaurant sustained minimal damage. The Ocean County Fire Marshal responded deeming the fire accidental.