Maintaining and Operating a Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS) Production Facility (Arrest) – On October 21, 2015, detectives of the Lacey Township Police Department concluded an investigation involving a Marijuana grow in a wooded area of Lacey Township near the Manchester Township border. The investigation led to a suspect being identified as Brian Keough of South Toms River. A search warrant was sought and obtained for a search of his home at 406 Dover Road, South Toms River, NJ. During the execution of the search warrant, detectives recovered more than 25 Marijuana plants, a large quantity of raw Marijuana, and assorted equipment and paraphernalia associated with operating and maintaining a controlled dangerous substance production facility, including grow tents, grow lights and ballasts, seeds, fertilizer, packaging materials, and scales. The target residence was located directly across the street from the South Toms River Elementary School.
Brian T. Keough, age 33, of 406 Dover Road, South Toms River, NJ, was arrested at the scene and charged with the following crimes:
- Maintaining and Operating a Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS) Production Facility (1st Degree)
- Manufacturing & Possessing with the Intent to Distribute CDS (2nd Degree)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute CDS within 1000 feet of a School (3rd Degree)
- Possession of More than 50 grams of Marijuana (4th Degree)
The Honorable James M. Blaney, J.S.C., set bail at $150,000.
Brian T. Keough also had the following outstanding warrants:
- Toms River Warrant #TR 80128 (Traffic Warrant) – $350 Bail
- South Toms River Warrant #SC 2014 3487 (Criminal Warrant) – $1,500
Brian T. Keough was processed and lodged in Ocean County Correctional Facility in default of the bail.
The South Toms River Police Department, Ocean County Prosecutors Office-Special Operations Group, and the Ocean County Sheriff’s Department-Crime Scene Investigation assisted in the investigation.