The Lacey Township Police Department is currently seeking certified applicants for the position of Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer. Candidates must possess a current New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification as a Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer from an approved Police Academy.
The Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II (SLEO) is a part-time member of the Police Department and will work part-time hours throughout the year.
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be a resident of New Jersey
- A current New Jersey Police Training Commission Certification as a Class II Special Law Enforcement Officer from an approved Police Academy
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Hold a valid New Jersey driver’s license
- Have the ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly and intelligently
- Have and demonstrate good moral character and have not been convicted of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude; verified by a background investigation
- Undergo a complete background investigation
- Pass an oral interview
- Pass a psychological examination
- Pass a drug test
Applications may be picked up at the Lacey Township Police Department, 808 Lacey Road, Forked River. Interested applicants must submit an application no later than September 14, 2020.
If anyone has any questions regarding this announcement, you may contact Detective Lieutenant Christopher Cornelius at 609-693-6636 ext. 2566.
The Lacey Township Police Department is an equal opportunity employer.
-Chief Michael C. DiBella